- Performed periodic and special inspections and maintenance on Great Nor'Easter roller coaster
- Reassembled suspended roller coaster train after multiple component replacement
- Assisted with installation, assembly and State commissioning of new steel roller coaster
- Measured, filtered, and analyzed accelerometer data of major attractions per ASTM F24 standards
- Trained in Ride Operations and Guest Service
- Operated Doo Wopper Roller Coaster with team
- Sustained 90% of maximum theoretical capacity
- Handled difficult guest interactions professionally
Charlie and another ME intern, Jake Bernier, took on the task of designing a new part management procedure for Signode's Primary Manufacturing Facility in Glenview, IL. Despite having no prior Industrial Engineering Experience, Jake and Charlie adapted rapidly to their new role and worked across business units and with outside vendors to develop a robust, long-term plan that has brought lead times to less than one week and saved an estimated $1.4 million each year.
As of September 2018, this procedure is still being carried out.
- Designed and implemented Lean Supermarket procedure for 10,000 piece part manufacturing facility
- Authored a thorough long-term procedure that is still being used as of September 2018
- Negotiated quotes from suppliers for custom solutions while saving over 20% of projected costs
- Developed an intimate understanding of the relationship between engineering and manufacturing
The Iowa State Cyclone Aides plan and implement two major annual events at ISU: Orientation, and our August welcome event, Destination Iowa State (DIS)! After receiving over 100 hours of training in event management, servant leadership, and every resource and factoid about ISU, the team of 40 guides students through a comprehensive two day program to get them ready for their academic career. For 2o days in June, 150 students and their families arrive each day to be led through the program. The Cyclone Aides operate as a team across the entire campus to lead these groups through a multitude of programs include Giving Tours, Speaking in Panels, Leading Student Small Groups, and Responding to any and all issues that may arrise.
After Orientation, the Cyclone Aides spend over a month coordinating DIS in which they hire 400 student employees to lead 7000 incoming students simultaneously through the three day program. Charlie worked on a Committee to coordinate 85 Clubs and Organizations for the Center of ExCYtement Kickoff Picnic, the first event of the program.
- Joined team of university ambassadors, welcoming 20,000 students and families over 28 days
- Helped to plan and coordinate a 3-day welcome event for over 7,000 incoming students
- Received over 100 hours of training in customer service, servant leadership, and professionalism
Segway Tours of Minneapolis and St. Paul
Summers 2014, 2015
During Summers while attending High School, Charlie worked at Mobile Entertainment LLC, AKA Human on a Stick Segway Tours. During both years, Charlie simultaneously held two primary positions by developing Communication and Security Systems, and often Assisting Tours as a Safety Guide.
- General IT work for company of over 100 employees, developed systems to improve efficiency
- Improved customer experience by decreasing transaction time and introducing automation
- Increased annual retail by up to 50% by developing mobile retail and security system
Segway Tour Safety Guide
- Ensured Segway safety for novice riders through machine maintenance and upholding safety standards
- Instilled confidence through training and personalized aid
- Assisted retail and customer service with Intuit QuickBooks